Sunday, December 3, 2006

The Armani Exchange Sale

I have decided to share with readers another facet of my life besides my opinions on politics, religion and people. Shopping. Specifically, the blatant, sinful wastage of money that is Orchard Road shopping. This is my first post in what I hope is a long series of posts of my shopping excursions on the only-road-worth-seeing in Singapore.

Armani Exchange is having its annual fall sale as I write. At the same time, its new collection is being subtly introduced. Highlights include:

1. Great prices on extreme cold wear. This catchall self-created category includes trenchcoats, pea-coats (please look up what that is, this isnt really a fashion blog), overcoats and just plain thick coats. There are also those disgusting puffy polyester coats with fur collars. Please beware though, the sizes run from large to very large (another season of frustration for designers who forget that Chinese men really are puny little buggers).

2. Around 30-40% off on AX's typically psychedelic shirts. I dont find these shirts too appealing as they are clearly made for the fair, good looking, party crowd. I am none of the above, but if you are, there's never been a better style to pick up some Himesh-wear for the holidays.

3. Jeans. I have always hated AX jeans by virtue of their ridiculous brand positioning (competing with Armani Jeans, more expensive that Levis/Guess/CK but lower cache than Diesel and Energie). However, if you want great looking jeans in a bewildering array of styles for cheaper than Diesel or other euro-trash-over-hyped brands, then AX has the pants for you.

4. Their new collection is quite frankly brilliant. Obviously made for clubbing holidays, the collection includes black and tan tailored jackets and a wide collections of the famous black AX t-shirt. Giving you a wide array of show-off options, these t-shirts include every possible variation and placement of the AX logo.

After losing faith in the brand over the last academic term, I feel that AX is slowly finding its feet again. Upon realising that my credit card was maxed, I spent the last dollars in my bank account on an AX polo-t that had a leather details and an "Armani Exchange" signature motif on the left shoulder.

I plan on rocking "Elevate" in Delhi in it. Aja aja aja aaaaaaaaaaaahhhh....

No comments: